Blogger and writer Shriya discussed her passion for helping others with their mental and physical well-being, how her hobbies have influenced her, the blogs she recommends, who her personal icons are and her advice for those who may be struggling.
1. It’s lovely to speak with you, Shriya! You are a blogger and writer (Girl With Dreamy Eyes) https://girlwithdreamyeyes.com/ from Kolkata, India. Why did you start your blog and what topics does it cover?
Hi, same here! I started my blog to reach millions of people who use the internet and give them an idea about my life and other than that I also started it to build rapport with people and learn new things and through writing, I get an idea about what people like to read and it has helped me to stretch my creativity. I usually write about movie and book reviews, travel, food reviews, and personal experiences.
2. In reaching out to us, you’d said, “I have an intense enthusiasm about uplifting others [as well as] mental and physical health.” How do you help others with their well-being? Do you have any go-to advice for those who may be struggling?
I firmly believe in the sentence “ Now or never”. I feel that if we do not help others and motivate them to gain a perspective in life NOW, we will continue to stay in the same place. I have helped various people, mostly my classmates during their grievances and academic problems. I have offered my time to them, heard their problems and most importantly offered kindness more proactively. In the hullabaloo of today’s world, people require a little time and compassion from others and I have made sure that whenever I am helping a fellow person, I try to connect with them and make them feel better about themselves by highlighting their achievements and helping them to be active. My go-to advice for someone who is struggling will be to “always be on the run”, as when your mind is occupied you will always be motivated to better your life. It's all in the mind, and I believe that if you can conquer your fears from within you will be able to move forward.
3. Which blogs besides your own do you recommend?
The blogs that I recommend are:
4. How have your passions and hobbies such as photography, Model-UN, theater and horse-back riding influenced you?
My diverse extracurricular activities have played a crucial role in my school years, made me a self-reliant and determined individual and a more well-rounded individual, and helped me improve my communication and organisation skills.
5. Who is your main support system? Who are your personal icons and role-models?
The main support system in my life is ultimately myself. Even though my family, especially my mother, has played a pivotal role in my life, I believe that it has been me who has always assured myself in the ups and downs of life that I will be able to make it. The role model in my life is Elizabeth Cady Stanton, her fearlessness during the women's suffrage movement has always amazed me. I aspire to be a changemaker just like her who not only brings a change to the world but also motivates thousands of people to change their perspectives.
6. Is there anything else you’d like to share? I’d love to thank you for speaking with us, and take care!
I enjoyed answering these questions and it is a great pleasure that your organisation considered me for the interview. I wish you all the best!